Follow these steps to update your information:
- Gather your most up-to-date information, which includes you name, home address, mailing address, phone number, and email address*. Also have your social security number or Medicaid case number available to verify your identity.
- Select your county from the dropdown box below.
- You have three options to update your information. You can reach out directly to the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline, contact a case worker through you local department of job and family services, or if you have an Ohio Benefits Self-Service account, you can report a change through the online portal.
*If you need to change or update your name, please note that you will need to contact your local JFS office or utilize the Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal. You will not be able to change or update your name by contacting the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline.
Which county do you live in?
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do?
Medicaid recipients need to update their contact information or verify that current contact information is accurate. You can do this through one of the following methods:
- Call the Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline: The Ohio Medicaid Consumer Hotline will connect you with a representative who can help you update your contact information. The Ohio Medicaid Hotline is available on Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm as well as Saturday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at 1-800-324-8680.
- Online Portal: If you have an Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal account, you can login and report changes to your contact information.
- Contact your local JFS: The best and easiest option is to contact your County Department of Job and Family Services. You will speak directly with a case worker who can update your information. This is the quickest and easiest way to report a change to your contact information or verify your information is up-to-date.
Make sure your contact information with the state is complete and up-to-date, so you don't miss out on the exciting changes ahead related to your Medicaid benefits.
I recently enrolled in Medicaid; do I still need to update my information?
Can I contact my managed care plan to update my information?